Educ Supp Svcs Associate Job Opening
Educ Supp Svcs Associate
The University of Iowa• Iowa City, Iowa
$49,000.00 - $52,000.00 a year
Category: Training Coordinator
Classification Title: Educational Support Services Associate (Graduate Student Academic Services Coordinator)
Department: Graduate College, Office of Academic Affairs
Staff Type: Professional & Scientific
Type of Position: Regular
Pay Grade: 3A | Comp Structures
Salary: $49,000 - $52,000
Percent Time: 100%
Schedule: M-F, 8am – 5pm
Location: Gilmore Hall, Iowa City, IA
Provide academic services to enhance and support graduate students' educational experiences, success, academic progress, and degree completion. To that end, this position is responsible for the administration and management of: academic records and student registration matters (20%); graduate student degree audit and graduation analysis (60%); and graduate degree program closures, creation and curricular changes (20%).
Enhance and Support Student Educational Experience and Increase Retention; and Foster a Sense of Community and Engagement for Students:
- Participate, assist with and/or facilitate a broad-range of programs and services focused on graduate students that support the educational experience and retention of current or prospective students.
- Assist with monitoring the academic, career and personal goals/needs of graduate students and provide individual guidance and assistance.
- Collect data regarding student participation and satisfaction.
- Maintain student records/activities database.
- Track specific data and maintain reports on outcomes of programs and services.
Establish and Maintain Relationships with Partners to Provide Educational Support Services. Partners Include on-campus Units and External:
- Participate and assist in the coordination of projects and events to build relationships with partners.
- Gain understanding of relationships between and among partners.
Agencies (Local, State, National and International):
- Develop and deliver presentations describing initiatives and services.
Administrative (HR, Budget), Supervision and Training:
- May advise on administration, supervision, and/or training needs or discrepancies.
Please attach a cover letter and resume as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact Tanesha Herman at [email protected]:
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience is required. A Master’s degree in a related field is highly desirable.
- Experience (typically 6 months to one year) in higher education.
- Working knowledge of policies and experiences pertaining to graduate students is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge and understanding of student development.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through appropriate communication methods and behaviors at a working proficiency level.
- Working proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, etc.) software applications.
- Demonstrates a working proficiency in the ability to work with variety of individuals and groups in a constructive manner while appreciating the unique contribution of diverse individuals.
- Demonstrates a working proficiency in the ability to collaborate and interact with individuals and groups.
· Demonstrates the basic ability to adjust and develop self to prepare for new or changing assignments, processes, people or priorities as organizational needs dictate at a working proficiency level.·