Early Childhood Instructor Job Opening
Early Childhood Instructor
Blackhawk Technical College• Janesville, Wisconsin
— Full-time, Part-time
Blackhawk Technical College is seeking a qualified candidate to instruct courses in Early Childhood Education Program. Seeking candidates qualified to teach Foundations of Early Childhood Education, Infant & Toddler Development, Health Safety & Nutrition, Chldren with Different Abilities, and Math Science & Social Studies.
Candidates need to have some day and evening availabity.
- Facilitation of Learning. Plan, prepare and deliver instruction and facilitate the learning of students in the Early Childhood Program. Assess the learning outcomes of students at the unit, course, and program level.
- Classroom Management. Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, housekeeping, and equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
- Interpersonal/Team Skills. Participate in activities of the instructional team, including planning, development, scheduling, and budgeting as a cooperative and professional team player.
- Student Support and Guidance. Serve as a liaison between student and practicum site. Support students as a mentor and role model in the achievement of their learning and career goals.
- (If applicable) Curriculum Development. Develop, revise, and continually update curriculum and instructional materials which are competency-based, current, consistent with employer expectations, and aligned with the college policy on level of required documentation.
- Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a related discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years of full-time recent and related occupational experience working in a DCF licensed childcare center.
- WMELS trained.
- Familiarity with the YoungStar rating system, NAEYC accreditation and DAP practices.
- Minimum of one year of teaching experience in Early Childhood Education or related field.
Please Note: Candidates applying for instructional opportunities need to attach transcripts to their application. This will allow review of educational credentials for HLC accreditation.