Perioperative Clinical Coordinator Educator Job Opening
Perioperative Clinical Coordinator Educator
The University of Iowa• Iowa City, Iowa
Category: Health Educator
Classification Title: Clinical Coordinator
Department: Main Operating Room
Pay Grade: 4B
Percent of Time: 100%
Staff Type: Professional & Scientific
Type of Position: Regular
Schedule: Day shifts Monday through Friday with no weekends, holidays, or on-call shifts.
Main Operating Room Clinical Coordinator Educator
The Department of Nursing Services and Patient Care presents an opportunity for an experienced nurse leader to advance their career. We are seeking a full time Clinical Coordinator for the Perioperative Nursing Division. The Clinical Coordinator provides leadership in clinical care coordination/specialized nursing care, clinical education of nursing staff and health professionals, and uses clinical nursing expertise in improving nursing and health care through the management of quality or design of informatics.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Provide leadership and oversight for specialized services or populations.
- Specialized services for nursing care.
- Provide education.
- Compliance with internal policies and external regulations for safe and effective care delivery and health profession education.
- Human Resource management.
Please note regarding references: Five professional references will be requested and required at a later step in the recruitment process.
REFERENCES: Five professional references will be requested and required at a later step in the recruitment process.
Please attach an updated resume/CV as part of the application process. Please indicate in your cover letter which OR team(s) you are interested in. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact Callie Henderson at [email protected]
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing is required.
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa.
- A minimum of five years recent OR nursing experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates skills for leading change and implementation of evidence based practice.
- Professional certification in relevant nursing or clinical area is required.
- Collaborates and develops effective interpersonal relationships with nursing staff, medical staff, interdisciplinary teams, and other hospital departments.
- Member/involvement in professional organizations
- Master’s Degree in Nursing is desirable.
- Experience conducting staff education is desirable.