Training Specialist WASS Job Opening
Training Specialist WASS
AAR Corp.• Palm Bay, Florida
Category: Training Specialist
Responsible for all matters pertaining to flight operations, including regulatory compliance and all operations programs. Set departmental goals and objectives as a critical part of meeting or exceeding the company's mission and obligation. Assist with the Standards & Training personnel in the performance of their duties and be sure that they are functioning as a cohesive team in order to accomplish the departments assigned mission. This position is in Florida.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes and conducts moderately complex training and educational programs for information systems (technical) or user (non-technical) personnel.
- May develop instructional curriculum and materials; gathers and assimilates information on subject matter, organizes and condenses material, and prepares course outline, handouts, and visual aid materials.
- Coordinates with subject matter experts to ensure that prepared courses meet stated objectives.
- Maintains records of training activities and program effectiveness.
- May be required to instruct or to prepare/arrange for the preparation of automated training materials (such as video recorded training sessions, computer-aided tutorials, etc.).
- Ensure all training records have accuracy and are within regulatory compliance.
- Direct the selection process and manage its effectiveness in producing the highest caliber of employee in a timely manner.
- Maintain a training schedule and distribute appropriately to internal customers.
- Maintain an intimate knowledge of FAA regulations, orders, and notices as they apply to the entire operation.
- Establish staffing levels commensurate with current and projected workload.
- Maintain a reference library for use by all company personnel to address all operational and training concerns and questions.
- Assist the Operations Manager when required in the performance of duties or decision making process.
- Position requires a U.S. Security Clearance
- Perform routine OCONUS travel and within CONUS travel as required.
- This position will primarily support the Micro-sites from Florida.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- B.A./B.S. degree from a four-year college or university in a related field and/or combination of education and related experience.
- Graduate of formal instructor course with military or commercial certificate.
- Aviation, training or maintenance MOS series or other military/commercial equivalent desired.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum five (5) years experience managing military, international or foreign military sales aviation/technical training programs with significant foreign national training responsibilities.
- Minimum eight (8) years in military aviation, DOD or FMS programs.
- Strong speaking and written communication skills.
Minimum three (3) years of planning, developing, managing and conducting training of foreign nationals in aviation related programs is highly desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
- Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
- Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
- Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
- Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
- Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
- Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
- Performance Management - Sets clear expectations & direction for staff; achieves team results consistently; coaches staff to improve; is a positive role model
- Expense Management - Plans budget appropriately, uses sound judgment; analyzes operation for improving expense efficiency; demonstrates knowledge of financial process & results.
- Leadership - Builds commitment to team, company, mission & customer through effective & frequent communications; promotes an environment of trust; fosters a respectful, energetic & positive work culture.