Part-time Faculty Physical Science Instructor Job Opening
Part-time Faculty Physical Science Instructor
Montgomery College• Rockville, Maryland
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis . Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach physical sciences courses.
- Conduct assigned classes in accordance with the catalog description, the course syllabi, and the stipulations of the College.
- Be available for student consultation.
- Participate, when possible, in departmental meetings.
- Hold every scheduled class, including the final examination, the full scheduled number of minutes during the scheduled time in the scheduled location.
- Maintain standards of teaching consistent with the standards of the department and the College.
- Submit a copy of the syllabi, along with the course materials, to the department.
- Submit midterm and final grades on time.
- Return final exams to the department.
- Participate in alternate assignments as needed by the department.
- Master’s Degree in the Physical Sciences or a related field or discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship .
- Minimum of one semester of teaching experience (Graduate school teaching assistance is acceptable)
- Demonstrated excellence in classroom instruction using a variety of teaching methods.
- Use of technology in instruction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated currency in the discipline.
- Experience in working with students of culturally diverse backgrounds and/or underprepared students.
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission.
- Experience in distance delivery and other instructional methods.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment .
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire :
- Successful completion of a background check.
Closing DateWednesday, August 14, 2019
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: [email protected]
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.