Staff Counselor-Chelsea, AL Job Opening
Staff Counselor-Chelsea, AL
Odyssey Behavioral Health, LLC• Columbiana, Alabama
Work Schedule: 2:00pm-10:00pm Working Every other Weekend
The Staff Counselor is responsible for the ensuring safety and promoting clients’ involvement in the treatment program. The incumbent initiates and assists staff in various clinical, nutritional and administrative activities as directed to ensure optimal client outcome. Serves as a trainer and mentor to the Staff Counselors.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Maintains frequent and close working relationships with clients, Staff Counselor Manager, Clinical Director, facility leadership, peers and vendors.
Outside the organization: May initiate and maintain working relationships with clinical providers, referral partners and vendors as needed and directed.
- Staff Counselor are responsible for the assisting as directed of Clients in treatment program.
- Promotes the involvement of Clients in the treatment program.
- Performs routine forms of daily patient care while assisting and ensuring timely and effective clinical activities, charting and orientation completion.
- Works as needed as a working supervisor.
- Maintains visibility in the house mentoring Staff Counselors
- Workers with the Director of Nursing to ensure appropriate emotional support is provided to clients.
- Spends one on one time with client during scheduled activities and leisure time.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead group(s) and mentors the Staff Counselors in these efforts.
- Communicates pertinent patient information to the Clinical Program Coordinator and Clinical Director as well as to the treatment team as appropriate.
- Maintains timely and clinically appropriate documentation. Leads Staff Counselors in the documentation process and alerts management of concerns.
- Ensures Staff Counselors are participating and eating meals with the clients, providing role modeling health food and body image behaviors. Observes client behavior during and after meals. Mentors the Staff Counselor I and II with the same.
- Assists with leading various nutritional activities including but not limited to, meal preparation, grocery shopping, meal outings, supervision of exercise and other activities assigned by the clinical staff and/or the Dietitian.
- Demonstrates proper food safety and handling standards when preparing/serving meals to the clients.
- Assists and supports in the creating of Marketing Events. Assists in promoting these efforts (i.e. attendance at dinners, conference booths, and health fairs) as needed by maintaining, organizing and ensuring that marketing materials are prepared prior to events.
- Must be able to work three shifts per month when needed with one of those being a weekend shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Prefer 2 years qualified experience in Behavioral/Mental facilities or hospitals, with verified references.