Teacher (Head Start) Job Opening
Teacher (Head Start)
Kids' Corps, Inc.• Anchorage, Alaska
Salary - $19.49 to $24.11/per hour
- 401k with company match.
Kids’ Corps, Inc. is seeking enthusiastic, qualified Head Start Teachers who want to make a difference in the lives of young children and families.
People who desire to help low-income children prepare for future success by implementing high-quality Head Start preschool and child development services. It is our passion at Kids' Corps, Inc. to create a safe, nurturing environment for all children and families.
An environment that fosters the social and emotional skills needed to be successful in school and life. We believe and incorporate play-based learning as well as individual and small group instruction into our classrooms daily.
We conduct ongoing child assessments and set goals with parents to help children reach their fullest potential. If you value early education, want to strengthen families and make a positive impact on children we would love to hear from you.
Kids’ Corps, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit serving low-income families with young children through Head Start, Early Head Start, and Parents as Teachers programs in Anchorage, Alaska. Kids’ Corps, Inc. provides employees interesting, challenging, meaningful work that positively impacts the Anchorage community while providing employees a great work-life balance and a positive work culture.
Kids' Corps, Inc. provides ongoing professional development and coaching for teaching staff, on the job training, great benefit options which include medical, dental, vision, life, 401k with company match, paid holidays and paid leave.
- Reports to: Center Director Supervises:
- Gives input to Center Director on Assistant Teacher performance
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education/Development or related degree – related education degrees evaluated on a case-by-case basis using transcripts.
- A Preschool Child Development Credential. OR Associates or Bachelors in Early Childhood Education.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, 401k with company match.
Indeed Hire and Kids' Corps, Inc. are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.49 to $24.11 /hour
- at least 12 credits of Early Childhood Development or relate: 1 year (Required)
- Teaching Children (Ages 1-5): 1 year (Required)
- Associate (Required)
- Anchorage, AK: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts