Retail Assistant Manager Job Opening
Retail Assistant Manager
Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainier Region• Port Angeles, Washington
When you love what you do, it’s more than a job. It’s a passion, and a Mission.
As a member of the Goodwill retail management team we focus not only on the numbers, but on the people we strive to develop on our teams. You will be responsible for building relationships with customers and managing all aspects of business. In leadership you will have the ability to lead and direct the store staff and successfully execute company strategies.
Right now, our Port Angeles, WA store is seeking a Full Time Retail Assistant Manager
As a Retail Assistant Manager you will have;
- The ability to lead and inspire others while following current processes and procedures.
- Some experience in management
- Great communication skills
- Attention to detail and an organized nature
- Initiative and drive to accomplish store goals and metrics
- Extensive coaching experience
- Respect for the background, experience, and cultural differences of others, while upholding the integrity and values of the Goodwill organization
We Have You Covered:
Full time employees will enjoy health care, vacation, life insurance, as well as other benefits.
All employees receive merchandise discounts and select paid holidays.
We strongly believe in promoting from within, and have multiple avenues for career growth.
- Performs all opening and closing procedures and responsibilities.
- Ensure that the store audits are maintained at or above an acceptable level.
- Is the security “captain” for the location, works in cooperation with management and Loss Prevention to protect company assets from internal and external theft.
- Ensure the LP Audits are maintained at an acceptable level.
- the lead for the semi-annual inventory.
- Monitor all safe procedures and insures all cash handling procedures are per policy.
- the lead for all supplies and the orders needed to maintain the function of the store while maintaining expenses to budget for monthly and annually reports
- Ensure that payroll expenses are in line within budgeted parameters.
- Ensure that all wage requests and payroll timekeeping in up to date for all employees.
- Is responsible for all employee reimbursements, for petty cash, and travel related expenses.
- Is responsible to ensure the building and its functions are properly maintained and any requests for maintenance are properly documented and followed up.
- Ensure security and safety systems are in working order, including but not limited to door locks, alarms, bank deposits, refunds, vouchers, and incident reports.
Management Responsibilities: The Retail Assistant Manager has direct supervision overall retail supervisors, and hourly staff who have access to the vault and/or registers. They have responsibility with regard to total store supervision on a day by day basis to meet the needs of the store and its customers. They must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Goodwill’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three years related experience retail supervision or management with proven incremental supervisory advancement.
At Goodwill we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion. We embrace our employees’ differences, and believe in meeting the members of our workforce and our communities where they are. Since our doors first opened in 1921, we have been changing lives by offering a hand up, not a hand out. We invite you to join us for our next 100 years of service to our neighbors.
Our Mission is to help people reach their fullest potential through individual education, job placement and career pathway services made possible by community donations, purchases and partnerships.
At Goodwill, we welcome people with diverse backgrounds, including persons with disabilities or other disadvantages. In fact, a substantial portion of our employees have a disability and/or economic disadvantage and we strongly encourage such persons to apply.
organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA). For further information on E-Verify contact DHS at 1-888-464-4218.