Counselor Job Opening
Adams Recovery Center• New Richmond, Ohio
Adams Recovery Center is a residential drug/alcohol treatment program with locations in Loveland, OH and New Richmond, OH. We are seeking a full-time counselor to work at the men's facility in New Richmond.
Adams Recovery Center offers individualized treatment for clients while operating under a modified therapeutic community setting. With the support of staff and each other, clients have the ability to learn and develop new coping skills and tools that will support a lifetime of sobriety. We strive to ensure clients are provided with the best quality care which means cultivating a supportive and collaborative environment among staff.
As a counselor, the primary responsibilities would include:
- Facilitating and co-facilitating group counseling sessions. We encourage counselors to cover a wide variety of topics and utilize their creativity while addressing various topics related to addiction and sobriety. This schedule also includes the Saturday family day group which gives families and sober support the ability to learn and grow along with their loved ones in treatment.
- Maintaining a small case load of clients and provide weekly individual counseling sessions
- Conducting assessments to determine client appropriateness for the program.
The successful candidate would have the following abilities at minimum:
- Good listening skills and ability to effectively communicate with clients and staff
- Ability to provide both group and individual counseling services to clients
- Complete documentation per agency requirements
- Be willing to perform alcohol breathalyzers, urine dip screens, and forensic urine tests as needed
- Work as a team and collaborate with staff to ensure client needs are met
- Appropriate boundaries with both clients and staff
- Valid chemical dependency counseling, mental health counseling, or social work licensure in the state of Ohio
Wednesday - Saturday, 8am - 6:15pm
Tuesday - Saturday, 8am - 4:15pm
We are open to discussing schedule options, but please note that Thursday and Saturday are required days for this position.
Education in clinical counseling or substance abuse counseling is required.
Applicants must have a counseling license valid in the state of Ohio. This includes substance abuse counseling (LCDC II or III, LICDC), mental health counseling (LPC or LPCC), or social work license (LSW or LISW)
Compensation is based upon degree, licensure, and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
- counseling (Preferred)
- One location
This company describes its culture as::
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative