Surgical Technology Instructor Job Opening
Surgical Technology Instructor
Blackhawk Technical College• Janesville, Wisconsin
Position will focus on instruction within the Surgical Technology Program, in addition to classroom instruction this position will oversee the supervision and evaluation of students in a clinical setting. Position will function as resource person for clinical preceptors and students overseeing assignments and clinical evaluations.
- Provide instruction for assigned classes, with accountability to entire program; i.e., classroom, laboratory and clinical.
- Proactively reach out to clinical affiliates weekly to interact with staff and students. Be available for appoints with students to resolve clinical questions.
- Travel between clinical sites as necessary.
- Act as a liaison between the college and the clinical site maintaining the clinical relationships.
- Coordinate relationships with clinical sites and facilitate the placement of students.
- Remain current with industry needs to assure graduate outcomes that meet the workplace expectations.
- Engage in ongoing student learning assessment to determine effectiveness of instruction and curriculum.
- Create a classroom/lab environment that is respectful of diversity and demonstrates a commitment to multiculturalism.
- Maintain accurate student records and reports as requested by administrative offices, and according to state regulations.
- Identify students needing assistance and refer students to Student Services. Collaborate with Student Services and the Learning Resources staff members to help students adjust to the learning environment.
- Remain current on developments in the teaching field so that instruction is delivered for a variety of learning styles, uses the latest supportive technology and utilizes alternative delivery methods.
- Maintain course curriculum following accreditation guidelines.
- Prepare and update course syllabi (using BTC guidelines) for each course taught, and work cooperatively with members of other departments and programs in coordinating courses.
- Associate Degree in Surgical Technologies or related Health Care Degree.
- Credentialed in the field of surgical technologies through the national Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA)
- Three (3) years’ experience work experience within Operating Room environment.