PARAPROFESSIONAL Job Opening
Rite of Passage, Inc.• Cheyenne, Wyoming
Rite of Passage is a leading national provider of programs and opportunities for troubled and at-risk youth from social services, welfare agencies and juvenile courts. For over 30 years, we have developed and operated a continuum of programs based on the needs of youth and our placing agencies. With our emphasis on evidence-based practices and positive skill development, combined with our supportive therapeutic approach, our organization is highly respected by industry experts as a highly effective solution for our youth. Rite of Passage has locations across the nation! We are an organization that has a long, proud history of improving the lives of youth. Since 1984, over 25,000 youth have entered and completed our programs. Rite of Passage has built its reputation on running life changing educational treatment programs that positively contribute to the community and valuing the contributions of its staff.
Our employees are dedicated, passionate individuals that are committed to inspiring positive change. Join our qualified team and become a part of something great. Becoming a member of the Rite of Passage team is more than just a job, but an opportunity to create a meaningful career within a mission driven company.
Adheres to the facility, daily and school schedules.
- Takes direction from the education staff to deliver and or assist in instruction of classes. Understands the direction, task and/or activity when preparing for each assignment.
- Under the direction of the teaching staff, implements effective classroom management strategies and works collaboratively with the educational staff to implement a “team” based program.
- Conducts small group instruction and individual instruction as needed.
- Tracks student attendance, maintains weekly grades and ensures that student grades are available on a weekly basis, when required.
- Adheres to school policies pertaining to grading, posting student grades and quarterly reports.
- Responds to the needs and questions of the students with a variety of ability levels.
- Maintains a clean, positive and inviting learning environment.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with Case Management and Group Living to ensure accurate and timely communication of information.
- Manages supplies, materials and equipment with an itemized inventory and/or MSDS when necessary.
- Completes required reports and documentation in a timely manner, provides management with required reports and advises of any problematic situations.
- Promptly attends and participates in all required meetings. Attends a minimum of two Positive Skills
- Development Meetings weekly (beginning with the opening pledge, sitting within the group and remaining through the closing pledge).
- Commits to attending all training and staff development classes in order to ensure sufficient hours of training on an annual basis. Notifies supervisor if annual training hours are deficient.
- Ensures the safety, health and welfare of staff and students at all times while providing encouragement, guidance and resources to staff and students when needed.
- Acts as a positive role model and mentor; treats others with respect, confronts negative behavior
- 1 - 2 years: • Experience working with students • Able to understand school setting and higher level of math skills preferred. • Effective classroom management techniques and behavioral management styles that result in understanding of how to manage and teach to various learning styles.
- Some college or better in Education or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.