Part-time Faculty Psychology Instructor Job Opening
Part-time Faculty Psychology Instructor
Montgomery College• Rockville, Maryland
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis . Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach General Psychology and other psychology courses as appropriate (e.g., Abnormal Psychology, Human Growth and Development, Child Psychology, and Adolescent Psychology).
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include day, night, early morning, weekend and/or accelerated sections, or possibly be asked to teach on another campus if needed. Opportunities may exist for teaching summer and winter classes.
- A Master’s degree in Psychology.
- Candidate must be able to show currency in content and pedagogy.
- Ability to integrate technology into course delivery.
- Experience working with students of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working to improve student success.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Ph.D. in Psychology.
- Recent experience teaching college undergraduate - level psychology.
- Experience teaching Introduction to Psychology or General Psychology.
- Experience teaching, or evidence of academic preparation that would enable the applicant to effectively teach, a variety of courses in psychology, including (but not limited to), Abnormal Psychology, Human Growth and Development, Child Psychology, and Adolescent Psychology.
- A willingness and/or experience teaching distance education courses.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission
- Experience with committee, advisory groups, volunteer experience or integrated services.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment .
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire :
- Successful completion of a background check.
Closing DateWednesday, August 14, 2019
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: [email protected]
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.