COC/SERE Instructor Job Opening
PD Systems Inc• Kittery, Maine
Job Title: Navy’s Code of Conduct/Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape/Personnel Recovery (COC/SERE) Instructor
Location: Multiple positions in Kittery ME and North Island CA
Position is contingent upon award
PD Systems is seeking qualified instructors to teach (COC/SERE) instruction.
Basic Instructor Qualifications:
- COC/SERE instructors must have direct experience as a current or previously qualified DoD SERE Instructor.
- COC/SERE instructors must have attended the Navy Instructor Training Course (NITC) (A-012-0077) (or military service equivalent).
- Must possess academic credentialing (teacher/professor) or instructor training via an academic institution.
- COC/SERE instructors must have graduated from one of the Level “C” Code of Conduct course.
- COC/SERE instructors must possess a Secret clearance.
- Candidates must possess high personal standards of technical knowledge and professional competence in delivering training material.
- Candidates must possess the ability to perform in a military environment.
- Candidates must possess a familiarity with the organization and hierarchy of the U. S. Navy, military rank/ grade structure.
- Candidates must possess a knowledge of Navy and military terminology and shipboard/installation environments and configurations.
- Candidates must possess a knowledge of basic and advanced training techniques and of computer technology applications as they apply to instructional delivery.
- Candidates must Have knowledge of DoD procedures for the handling of classified material, DoD SERE and Personnel Recovery publications supporting Code of Conduct training, and the capability to access those publications.
- Candidates must pass a medical and psychological evaluation.
- Candidates must pass physical requirements to operation in a SERE environment:
- Candidates must be able to operate in an austere environment, while performing 8-10 hour shifts in support of around the clock training.
- Candidates must be able to lift 45 lbs and walk 6 miles over rough terrain while carrying a ruck-sack.
- The most competitive candidates will have outstanding communication skills and demonstrated capability in delivering effective instruction.
PD Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
PD Systems is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at PD Systems are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.