Early Childhood Special Education Teacher Job Opening
Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
STRIDE Learning Center• Cheyenne, Wyoming
An Early Childhood Special Education Teacher is responsible for assessments, program development and implementation of special education services for preschool children with developmental disabilities. Reports to the assigned supervisor.
- Develops and implements specialized instruction.
- Modifies curriculum and lesson plans based on curriculum guidelines.
- Completes documentation of specialized instruction for service delivery.
- Supports preschool teachers’ documentation of children’s classroom progress using on-going curriculum based assessments.
- Collaborate with educational team on a monthly basis
- Documents all special edcuation services per the IEP;
- Documents on IEP goals at required reporting times.
- Conducts formal assessments when needed and completes evaluation reports. Conducts developmental screenings as needed.
Conducts IEP meetings. Completes required paperwork and case manages childrens’ IEP files.
- Facilitates completion of COS forms.
- Participates in Parent/Teacher Conferences as needed.
- Attends Peer Meetings, All Staff Meetings and Part B Staff Meetings.
- Maintains respective PTSB License and STARS Hours.
- Performs itinerant responsibilties as assigned.
- Assist families in identifying appropriate community resources
REQUIRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION and EXPERIENCE
Must hold BA plus respective certification in Early Childhood Special Education by the Wyoming Department of Education. One year of experience working with children with developmental disabilities is preferred.
The position requires working indoors the majority of the time with only occasional outside duties. Working in confined areas at times is required as well as the ability to withstand various noise levels from groups of children in multiple activities. The position requires the ability to be flexible and tolerate moderate levels of mental and emotional
stress. It further requires working in occasional conditions which could pose potential health risks; individual must be capable of assessing situations and responding with appropriate precautions. Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of valid vehicle insurance.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
The position requires the ability to lift children or equipment up to 40 pounds unassisted and over 40 pounds with assistance. The position requires extensive movements including: sitting, stooping/crouching, grasping, holding and moving from point to point. Position also requires the ability to participate in various floor activities. The individual must possess an acceptable current Infant/Child CPR card and First Aid card or be willing and able to obtain each within three months of employment. The individual must pass a Central Registry check and criminal background prescreen.
The position requires: knowledge of and the ability to interpret federal and state laws concerning the education of students with disabilities, the ability to communicate with children and adults, the ability to work as a member of a multi‑disciplinary team, (including the ability to integrate and implement therapeutic recommendations), competencies in the administration and interpretation of assessment instruments, the ability to develop, implement and document individual educational programs and the ability to construct and maintain a safe and healthy learning environment. The position requires the ability to observe an instance where there is reasonable cause to believe that child abuse or neglect may have occurred and to report it appropriately. The position requires the demonstration of self‑initiation in performing above responsibilities as well as the ability to carry out those responsibilities without direct supervision.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,077.00 to $74,778.00 /year
- Cheyenne, WY 82007 (Preferred)
- Early Childhood Education (Preferred)