PROGRAM MGR-CAS PRGMS Job Opening
PROGRAM MGR-CAS PRGMS
University of Alabama at Birmingham• Birmingham, Alabama
$47,486.00 - $74,485.00 a year
Category: Guidance Counselor
PROGRAM MGR-CAS PRGMS- (T62930)
This position provides support for the mission of the Department of Social Work, specifically supporting activities involved with development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of communication, research, and education. This position coordinates with a second administrative position engaged in maintaining daily departmental functions.
To serve as a field representative in student recruitment efforts for the UAB College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) for both undergraduate and graduate programs. To meet enrollment objectives by building, managing, tracking engagements and documenting a strategic recruitment territory. To serve as the primary contact with university and community college guidance counselors, CAS advisors, department chairs and interested faculty members and staff to coordinate recruiting efforts with community partners and other key stakeholder groups.
- Support for the educational functions of the BSW program newly created MSW Program such as facilitating admission processes, scheduling of curricular activities, assisting with accreditation, assisting with student recruitment retention, and other duties as needed.
- Performs human resource functions such as coordinating the hiring of faculty and future graduate student positions, maintaining employee records and other duties as needed.
- Completes financial functions as required by the Department including assistance with fundraising, managing scholarships and grants, and other duties as needed.
- Facilitates communication and public relations activities for the Department including preparing releases, managing social media accounts, writing content for brochures and other departmental publications, maintaining the Department's website, and other writing duties as needed.
- Provides comprehensive support for research activities of Departmental Faculty such as coordinating with CAS Research Office, assisting with the drafting of grant applications, assisting with the implementation of grant activities, monitoring research protocol and other duties as needed.
- Plans and executes Departmental programs, student orientations, speaking events, meetings, training events, and conference events such as initiating venue and other needed contracts, procures catering needs, assisting in preparation and creation of meeting materials, and other events as assigned.
Annual Salary Range: $47,486.4 - $74,484.8
Bachelor's degree in a related field and three (3) years of related experience required. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
Incomplete job profiles will not be processes. Please be certain to showcase depth and breadth of experience on your application, as they relate to the needs of this job announcement.
Primary Location University
Job Category Clerical & Administrative
Organization 481700000 Social Work
Employee Status Regular
Shift Day/1st Shift