Coordinator Medication Safety Job Opening
Coordinator Medication Safety
Children's of Alabama• Birmingham, Alabama
Category: Health Educator
- Job SummaryResponsible for the coordination and support of the medication safety program for Children’s of Alabama. Coordinates and facilitates all medication safety activities and teams. Consults and educates teams/staff on medication safety, human factors, culture of safety, and error prevention education tools and methodologies. Coaches and mentors on appropriate data collection methodology. Establishes, maintains, and monitors appropriate database and reports, conducts and monitors results from root cause analyses and failure mode and effects analyses. Researches appropriate literature for benchmarking, develops medication safety reports for administration, and conducts medical chart reviews for data collection as necessary.
- EducationBachelor of Science in Nursing or other health related field required. A Master's degree in one of these areas is preferred.
- Experience in Clinical medication management operations preferred
- Two year's experience at the educator/coordinator level in a health-related setting.
- Experience in medication safety or patient safety preferred.
- Licensures, Certifications, and/or Registries