Workforce Development Specialist Job Opening
Workforce Development Specialist
The Onin Group• Tuscaloosa, Alabama
The Onin Group is a privately held, national, staffing group comprised of Onin Staffing, Focus IT, Excelsior Staffing, A3 Solutions, and Momentum Capital Funding. We are among the top two percent of domestic staffing companies in sales volume and feature the most sophisticated staffing industry technology and hiring practices available today. In spite of our size, we have maintained the highly personalized service, lean management structure and partnership mindset indicative of a smaller, less bureaucratic company.
The Workforce Development Specialist is a professional who will work collaboratively and independently to represent and serve as an extension of the West Alabama high school ready-to-work (RTW) participating employers. His or her primary role will be to maintain connectivity and continuity between employers, students, educators, career coaches, WIOA youth providers and other stakeholders. This will be done through in-person visits and other communication means. The end goal is that students completing RTW gain meaningful employment in their desired career fields. We measure success by the number of lives we touch.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Will communicate and coordinate high school RTW efforts on behalf of participating employers by conducting meetings, engaging to support employer recruiting and hiring processes, scheduling events and maintaining constant situational awareness over the program and its participants.
- Will work with participating employers to support On the Job Training (OJT), Work Based Learning (WBL), and Individual Training Accounts (ITA (where applicable)) by working with the local Tuscaloosa Area Career Center Business Service Representatives and WIOA team; assist in recruiting new participating employers.
- Will engage with, and expand, student enrollment in both existing, potential, and new Region 3 school systems by working with school leaders, career coaches, counselors and other stakeholders to identify and eliminate program barriers.
- Will maintain a privacy compliant system of record for all former, current, and future RTW students on behalf of participating employers, to track employment, certifications, WorkKeys scores, and provide access and visibility for participating employers, so that efforts align with participating employer hiring cycles.
- Will provide direct one-on-one assistance and coaching to high school RTW participants and graduates by helping students apply for employment, enroll in post high school certification based training, apply for OJT/WBL certification, or other workforce activities based on the needs of the student.
Talking and speaking to convey information to others; giving instructions on how to do something; learning strategies, social perceptions and monitoring others; reading comprehension; critical thinking; exercise good judgment and effective decision-making.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Marketing, Communications, Education or relevant field of study from an accredited college or university; Two years’ experience in a professional job in either business or education; Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook at a 70% level as measured by the Prove IT software testing system; Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
Experience working in human resources, recruiting, staffing, training, continuous education or career technical education; functional knowledge of employer applicant tracking systems (e.g. Bamboo, Taleo, JazzHR, etc.) is a plus.
The primary work location will be the Tuscaloosa Area Career Center. The position requires significant local travel to visit with participating employers, high schools, community colleges, and other stakeholders in West Alabama.
Valid driver’s license
Valid proof of automobile insurance