Intervention Specialist Job Opening

Intervention Specialist

Community Partnerships of Idaho

Mountain Home, Idaho
$18.25 - $22.00 an hour


Community Partnerships of Idaho (CPI) is seeking individuals who thrive in a diverse, collaborative, and growth-oriented work environment, and who want to make a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities. CPI is seeking individuals who want a place to grow and learn.

CPI provides supportive career development that allows professionals to explore their passions and step into leadership roles. CPI believes in creating opportunities for people to learn and achieve their goals, and we pride ourselves in our company values of integrity, personal dignity, relationships, and innovation.

At CPI, you will receive robust training and professional development opportunities, opportunities for promotion, and a diverse professional track that supports your passions.


Habilitative Intervention is a highly individualized service, provided in a one-on-one setting. The goal is to help decrease challenging behaviors, while increasing the child’s communication skills, socialization skills, ability to engage in appropriate play, and independence.


The Intervention Specialist provides direct intervention for children and adolescents with developmental disabilities in the [school and or community] setting.

In accordance with the child or adolescent’s plan for treatment, the IS role is to provide intervention services directed toward decreasing the child or adolescent’s maladaptive behaviors and encouraging adaptive behaviors in the [classroom or community] setting, using reinforcement strategies.

The Intervention Specialist is required to document the progress or regression of goals, coordinate and collaborate with necessary treatment team members to support the child or adolescent, and participate in supervision on a regular basis.


  • Must be at least eighteen (18) years old and
  • Bachelor’s Degree in human service field, or Bachelor’s Degree in a non-human service related field with 24 minimum upper division semester credits in human services field
  • Verifiable proof of paid, supervised experience providing services to a child or adolescent with a developmental disability for a minimum of 1,040 hours
  • Complete 40 hour RBT training in ABA (provided by the agency)
  • OR, hold a current certificate in Habilitative Intervention (HI)
  • Have their own reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and car insurance
  • Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, and ongoing random screenings
  • Must provide or obtain CPR/First Aid Certification (provided by the agency)
  • Must provide or obtain MANDT and/or other de-escalation certification training, we determined by supervisor (provided by the agency)


  • Provide direct 1:1 intervention to a child or adolescent with a developmental disability in accordance with the plan for treatment
  • Provide regular written and verbal progress updates on treatment goals
  • Collaborate and coordinate services with treatment team members in various settings, including but not limited to teachers, Ancillary Services (PT, OT, Speech), clinicians, etc.
  • Provide daily documentation on the progression or regression of goals
  • Participate in staff meetings regularly
  • Participate in supervision regularly
  • Effectively communicate with parents and other providers
  • Adhere to State and Federal Guidelines, including Mandated Reporting, HIPAA, and Fraud, Waste and Abuse policies
  • Must maintain CPR/First Aid Certification
  • Must maintain MANDT or other de-escalation certification as determined by supervisor
  • Must complete annual training requirements, as determined by Department Policies and Procedures


Full-time employees are offered the following benefits:

  • Medical
  • Dental
  • Vision
  • 401(k)
  • Paid time off/Holidays

Job Type: Full-time

Salary: $18.25 to $22.00 /hour


  • supervised experience, working w/ children w/ disabilities: 1 year (Required)


  • Bachelor's (Required)


  • Mountain Home, ID (Preferred)


  • Driver's License (Required)

Work authorization:

  • United States (Required)