Early Childhood Educator Job Opening
Early Childhood Educator
Northshire Day School• Manchester Center, Vermont
We are seeking a full-time Multi-classroom teacher with varied hours Monday through Friday, must be available between 7:30am and 5:30pm.
Preferred candidates will have an A.A. degree in Early Childhood Education or 21 related college credits. Will consider highly motivated Trainees with a High School Diploma and commitment to complete required coursework.
The Multi-classroom Teacher supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents,bserves and documents childrens interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. Responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on childrens interests.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Must clear full background check
After 90 days, paid lunch, paid time off, paid holidays, health and wellness contribution, IRA, childcare discount, meals discount, professional development support