PRN Contract Clinical Educator/Osteoporosis Job Opening
PRN Contract Clinical Educator/Osteoporosis
VMS BioMarketing• Birmingham, Alabama
Category: Health Educator
The Clinical Educator is responsible for utilizing professional skills and clinical experience to train patients and healthcare professionals on Osteoporosis and a prescribed therapy regimen. This role will engage with Clinical Sales Specialists, patients, and healthcare professionals by building ongoing relationships, helping patients progress in their healthcare journey and facilitating behavior change utilizing motivational/behavioral change theories as a guide to patient empowerment.
- Responsible for training on pre-approved curriculum within multiple formats including live, virtual, and telephonic to a variety of audiences including, but not limited to patients, office staff, caregivers, and pharmacists
- Conduct total office call and/or in-service sessions to educate physicians, nurses and office staff on patient services and how to access. Topics could include: burden of disease and symptoms, potential therapies, administration/dosing/side effects, approval and acquisition process and follow up on patient progression.
- Conduct individual and small group patient sessions to help the patient better understand their disease state, specifically in relation to the prescribed therapy, as patients start-and more importantly, stay-on their prescribed therapeutic regimen.
- Assist patients/caregivers in understanding and implementing treatment protocols of the prescribing physician; Provide training on proper use of medication including self-injection techniques and use of injection device. Educate office staff on proper use, handling, and administration of medication to instill confidence to train their patients
- Build relationships with healthcare providers and office staff; foster an open dialogue between patient and health care provider
- Work and communicate cohesively with territory sales force members to meet area needs, identify collaborative opportunities, and execute territory plan
- Advise on industry insights and innovative approaches to training curriculum
- Schedule activities, conduct trainings and submit completed documentation to VMS in a timely manner
- Ensure all activities are conducted in a manner that is compliant with all VMS, client, and industry mandated rules and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Education and/or Experience
- Licensed healthcare professional
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
Required License and/or Credentials
- RD, RN, NP, RPh, PharmD, etc.
- Patient education experience, including injection education
- Excellent communication skills; able to support patients that have varying degrees of experience within the health care system
- Familiar with the payer environment; able to leverage familiarity and knowledge to inform patients about the general approval process if needed
- Capable of explaining the specialty pharmacy fulfillment process
- Preferred experience supporting patients who have Osteoporosis, as well as Endocrinologists, Rheumatologists, and doctors of Internal Medicine who treat patients with osteoporosis
- Able to empathize with, and motivate, patients who are injection naïve
- Critical thinking to assess customer needs and apply solutions
- Ability to use motivational interviewing to help patients with goal setting, resolving concerns or barriers
- Available to travel to sites within assigned territory
- Experience working for or contracting with pharmaceutical or device company preferred
- Demonstrated presentation and training experiences to multiple audiences, including healthcare professionals
- Ability to connect with and build trust with patients and healthcare professionals
- Proven adaptability to changing business demands and product relevance in a fast paced environment
- Competent and comfortable utilizing technology, including tablets, projectors, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Eligible to participate in federal healthcare programs or in federal procurement or non-procurement programs