Anatomy and Physiology Instructor Job Opening
Anatomy and Physiology Instructor
Blackhawk Technical College• Janesville, Wisconsin
Blackhawk Technical College is seeking qualified candidates to assist and instruct Anatomy and Physiology Courses within our General Education Division. Candidates may be asked to provide instruction on any of Blackhawk Technical College campuses including Central Campus, Beloit Center, Milton and/or Monroe Campus.
- Facilitation of Learning. Plan, prepare and deliver instruction and facilitate the learning of students. Assess the learning outcomes of students at the unit, course, and program level.
- Classroom Management. Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, housekeeping, and equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
- Interpersonal/Team Skills. Participate in activities of the instructional team, including planning, development, scheduling, and budgeting as a cooperative and professional team player.
- Student Support and Guidance. Support students as a mentor and role model in the achievement of their learning and career goals.
- Meet Wisconsin Technical College System requirements through the Faculty Quality Assurances System.
- (If applicable) Curriculum Development. Develop, revise, and continually update curriculum and instructional materials which are competency-based, current, consistent with employer expectations, and aligned with the college policy on level of required documentation.
- Master’s degree in Anatomy or Biology - Human Emphasis or a related field (e.g. Biomedical Engineering, Endocrinology). At least 18 graduate credits in the content area of anatomy or physiology is required.
- Skill in communication and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds.
- Proficiency in computer use and applications which support teaching and learning.
- An educational philosophy which places the primary emphasis on student learning in the design, delivery, and evaluation of courses.
Please Note: Candidates applying for instructional opportunities need to attach transcripts to their application. This will allow review of educational credentials for HLC accreditation.