Project Management Instructor Job Opening
Project Management Instructor
Blackhawk Technical College• Janesville, Wisconsin
Position will report directly to the Dean of Business and General Education and provides instruction for the project management courses. Ability to plan, organize, instruct and facilitate quality education programs, classroom/online course management and student interaction are required.
- Provide instruction for assigned classes.
- Remain current with industry needs and assure graduate outcomes that meet the workplace expectations.
- Develop and maintain industry relationships.
- Engage in ongoing student learning assessment to determine effectiveness of instruction and curriculum.
- Create a classroom/lab environment that is respectful of diversity and demonstrates a commitment to multiculturalism.
- Maintain accurate student records and reports as requested by administrative offices.
- Identify students needing assistance and refer students to Student Services. Collaborate with Student Services and the Academic Support Division staff members to help students adjust to the learning environment.
- Remain current on developments in the teaching field so that instruction is delivered for a variety of learning styles, uses the latest supportive technology and utilizes alternative delivery methods.
- Prepare and update course syllabi (using BTC guidelines) for each course taught.
- Assist in the enforcement of college regulations and report student conduct violations to administration.
- Hold weekly office hours, and other duties required to meet student, employer, and college needs.
- Assist Dean in other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree (MBA, Operations or Equivalent) or 4 to 6 years of applicable work experience in a project/lean management related position.
- Certifications in project management such as PMP or ASQ-certified Six Sigma Black Belt or production and inventory (APICS-CPIM).
- Experience using various project management software programs preferred.
- A minimum of two years (4,000 hours) of occupational experience in a target job for the program(s) being taught.
- Previous post-secondary teaching experience
- Recent work experience participating/leading lean events (kaizen, Six Sigma, value stream mapping etc.)
- Experience teaching in an online/hybrid/accelerated course environment and exposure to learning management systems
- Business and Industry training, corporate training, or past instructional experience is desirable.