Health and Safety Coordinator Job Opening
Health and Safety Coordinator
Arcosa• Hager City, Wisconsin
Category: Training Coordinator
Meyer Utility Structures, an Arcosa Subsidiary, is looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator for our manufacturing facility located in Hager City, WI. (Approx. 45 minutes from Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN). In this role, you will be assisting with the development, communication, implementation, monitoring, and auditing of safety and environmental programs.
What You’ll do:
- Implement established safety/environmental programs for compliance to company and government regulations.
- Conduct plant safety inspections to assure compliance with laws, regulations, and policies. Facilitates corrections/improvements as identified.
- Works with employees to resolve safety issues and techniques.
- Conduct new employee orientation and other safety related training for employees.
- Maintain records of training, qualifications, certifications, etc., as they apply to the safety program.
- Participates in the investigation of accidents and injuries.
What You’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Risk Management preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and training which results in the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Considerable knowledge of all state and federal regulations relative to safety, health, environment, and worker’s compensation or ability acquire quickly.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to speak effectively in one on one situation and before groups of people.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all employees throughout the plant.
- Certified Safety Professional certification strongly desired.