Hospital School Program Teacher (Casual) Job Opening
Hospital School Program Teacher (Casual)
Nemours• Wilmington, Delaware
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
The Hospital School Teacher will adapt and develop educational material to meet the unique needs of hospitalized children who may be admitted for treatment for chronic or acute illness, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, brain and spinal tumors, transplanted organs and many other disorders. The Hospital School Teacher will work with already established educational material from patients enrolled schools and if present, may follow the patients established Individualized Education Plan (IEP’s) assist students in reaching their full learning potential. Hospital School Teachers must be proficient in all grades.
- Plan, implement and document an individualized plan to continue the education of hospitalized children who are patients of AIDHC.
- Assess how each student learns best and adapt teaching methods to fit unique learning need.
- Develop and plan creative teaching and learning activities.
- Administer and interpret diagnostic educational and cognitive aptitude tests, if applicable.
- Evaluate and summarize outcomes of school based teaching methods.
- Work closely with hospital staff, parents and school professionals to plan educational services provided to students post-discharge. Consulting with general education teachers on an as needed basis.
- Participate in planning and development of Individual Education Plans (IEP), if applicable
- Document in Medical Record services provided to patients.
- Complete annual continuing education necessary for obtained certification(s).
- Maintains personal organization of teaching statistics for monthly reports Participates in staff functions, i.e. staff meetings and huddles, when available.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Director.
- Supervises volunteers in the school program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Special Education, or related instructional field of study
Delaware Teaching License required
Specialty certifications in field of study, i.e. foreign language, math, etc.
English as a second language experience or certification a plus
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.