Instructional Serv Specialist-Diagnostic Medical Sonography Education Job Opening
Instructional Serv Specialist-Diagnostic Medical Sonography Education
The University of Iowa• Iowa City, Iowa
$41,214.00 a year
Category: Health Educator
Classification Title: Instructional Services Specialist
Department: Radiology – Radiation Sciences – Diagnostic Medical Sonography Education
Pay Grade: PCH2 4A https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/plans
Percent of Time: 100
Salary: $41,214.00 to commensurate
Location: Radiology – Radiation Sciences
Staff Type: Professional & Scientific
Type of Position: Regular
This specialist will provide comprehensive didactic and clinical diagnostic medical sonography instruction, supervision and assessment to the radiation sciences student population.
A Full time Radiation Sciences Educator under limited supervision; provide instructional services or support to faculty, staff, and students by designing, developing, selecting, adapting, presenting, or maintaining instructional/informational materials and/or facilities (e.g., classrooms, labs, studios, centers, workshops, technology programs) for the purpose of teaching and learning. ; provide instruction to students to enhance their skills; monitor student progress and provide assessment within program management system (E*Value); contribute to strategic educational, enrollment, retention and graduation goals of the University by upholding academic integrity and creating and implementing academic policies, procedures, programs and services that foster an excellent educational experience, promote student engagement, and support student success.
- Design, plan, coordinate and conduct classes in area of specialty - sonography.
- Design and create instructional materials using courseware management system (ICON).
- Provide consulting and instructional services for lab, program, center and/or studio.
- Manage, provide and assess educational activities in the clinical internship aspect of the program using management system (E*Value).
- Operate and maintain complex equipment, requiring specialized knowledge or skills.
- Monitor course enrollments and budget adjustments based on enrollments.
- May provide functional and/or administrative supervision.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use summarization and simplification techniques to explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience.
- Understanding of, and ability to use effective communication concepts, tools and techniques.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required of individuals performing this job.
Please attach a resume and a cover letter as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact Stephanie Ellingson [email protected]
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Successful completion of a two-year or other program approved by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography or Vascular Technology
- Minimum of 2 years full-time post-ARDMS certification professional experience as a sonographer
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Requires current certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- ARDMS certification in two or more specialty areas is desired, with preference determined by instructional needs of the program.
- Clinical instructing experience in diagnostic medical sonography, diagnostic cardiac sonography or vascular technology
- Educational coursework to include educational theory, course development, instructional design, and assessment methods
- Classroom teaching experience
- Academic advising experience
- Master’s degree or coursework towards a degree