Substance Abuse Counselor - LADC Job Opening
Substance Abuse Counselor - LADC
Options Minnesota• Burnsville, Minnesota
We do recovery a little different!
Join the River Ridge, LLC. team in providing holistic client care in the treatment of co-occurring mental health and addiction needs in a trauma informed, gender responsive and client empowered setting as a Substance Abuse Counselor!
The purpose of the Substance Abuse Counselor is to provide chemical health services to clients admitted into a Rule 31 licensed program. The Counselor completes all forms, assessments, case management duties and processes to facilitate the person receiving services to start or continue a recovery path that will hopefully lead to abstinence. The counselor will work with mental health staff and others to provide a mental health/chemical dependency experience.
A day in the role of Substance Abuse Counselor will be dynamic! You will work directly with clients by managing the substance abuse portion of the program, which includes completing intakes and assessments, monitoring progress, and collaborating with Mental Health Practitioners when appropriate. You will conduct ongoing assessments by providing input into daily notes, treatment plan modifications, discharge plans and initiating behavior plans.
Schedule: Monday - Friday flexible shifts
This position requires:
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree in chemical health or psychology, behavior science or related field.
- A Minnesota LADC or Active ADC-T license
- 30 hours of Rule 25 training preferred and documented
River Ridge, LLC. offers:
- A rewarding work environment and company culture
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Career development, and advancement opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Options Minnesota, Options Family & Behavior Services, Options Residential, and River Ridge shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,000.00 /year
- Substance Abuse Counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- ADC-T or LADC (Required)